The Statistical Office is a unit within the Central Planning Division of the Ministry of Finance & Economic Planning.
The office headed by the Chief Statistician and is divided into two broad areas, each of which is headed by a Senior Statistician.
- Economic Statistics (a page link explaining the roles and functions of each section)
- Demographic and Social Statistics (same as above)
Role of the Statistical Office
- To collect, compile, analyse, abstract and publish statistical information relative to the agricultural, commercial, industrial, financial, social and general activities and conditions of the inhabitants of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
- To collaborate with the departments of the Government in the collection, compilation and publication of statistical records of administration;
- To take any census of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines as provided in this Act;
- Generally to organise a scheme of co-ordinated social and economic statistics pertaining to Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Advise on all matters pertaining to statistical policy and confer with the departments of the Government to that end;
- Organise and maintain a scheme of co-operation in the collection, classification and publication of statistics as between the departments of Government;
- Report annually to the Minister with regard to the work of the Office during the preceding year;
- Execute such other duties as may be prescribed